“Processing” means using data collected on a computer, a tablet, or a hand-held device and manipulating this information in any way, including but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information.
Types of Information Collected
The Personal Information we gather includes:
• Registration Information: Personal information at the time that you register with FitMyLife. The information we collect when you register includes information about your age, gender, height, weight, body fat percentage, how much you exercise, what types of exercise you prefer, your level of competence with resistance exercise, your level of competence as a cook, and any medical issues that might prevent you from safely performing the exercises we prescribe.
• Food Ingested: We log information about what you eat. For instance, we log how many calories you consume, at what times, and the distribution of macronutrients and micronutrients you consume. Logging this information helps us understand how your body responds to different types of food and also how it responds to either a deficit or an excess of calories ingested.
• Calories Burned: We log information about what physical exercises you perform. When we do this, we differentiate between resistance exercise (strength training) and cardiovascular exercise. We also capture information about activities you perform in your ordinary work day that are not strictly speaking prescribed physical exercise.
• Analytics Information: Additional information we gather about you comes through mathematical modeling of your data. We deduce from mathematical models, information about how many calories you require to sustain your weight, how you process different macronutrients, and how you burn calories through exercise.
• Test Data: We also gather test information that helps you monitor your progress toward your goals.
• Personal Credentials: We may collect data about your e-mail address, password, what operating system you use, and your browser type.
• Third-party Device and Application Data: We gather information from the fitness tracking device, a calorie counting application, and an application you may use to assess body fat percentage.
• Social Networking Data: We may also gather information related to social networking. For instance, whether you join a team, follow a personal trainer, follow a nutritionist, what dates and times you share information with other users, or how much information you share with your contacts. This information helps us understand what motivates you to stick to a prescribed diet and exercise regime.
• Billing Information: For paid services, we retain financial information such as your credit or debit card number and other billing information related to products you choose from our product portfolio.
• Geographic and Device Data: We may retain information about your geographic location and other information from and about devices you use to access our Services.
FitMyLife collects, Processes, and uses your Personal Information so as to model your metabolism and related bodily processes. Through this modeling we provide you with an understanding of the unique aspects of your metabolic processes and how they impact your trajectory toward your fitness goals.
FitMyLife will not share any information gathered from you that might personally identify you (“Personally Identifiable Information”) with any third party unless you explicitly consent to such sharing.
FitMyLife may anonymize information about you (“Anonymous Information”) and share it with third-party organizations without your consent. Anonymous Information does not, in itself, permit identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information is generally aggregated with information from other users with all Personally Identifiable Information removed.
Please remember that for some FitMyLife Services you can allow a personal trainer, nutritionist, and even some of your personal contacts to access some or all of your personal information. If you do not want to enable this information sharing, you should deny access to your personal information when you use these features of our Services.
The Ways We Use Personal Information
All personal information collected by us is confidential unless you explicitly allow sharing of this information with a personal trainer, nutritionist, your followers, or some other party. As noted above, we may share information aggregated from a group of users. When we do this, we remove all Personally Identifying Information.
We may disclose your personal information when we believe that it is required by law, a duly authorized court order, or legal process and to protect and defend the rights and interests of FitMyLife, our affiliates, suppliers, or users. If required to disclose your information, we will attempt to provide you with advance notice, unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
Ways we use your Personal Data include, but are not limited to:
1. to identify you as a user in our system;
2. to facilitate the creation of a secure account for you on our network;
3. to send you an e-mail to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
4. to send you an e-mail so that you may re-set your password;
5. to generate a mathematical model of your metabolism and related bodily processes;
6. to customize the model of your metabolism with data that we deduce from patterns in your historical data;
7. to provide you with predictive reports of what will happen to your body composition subject to different behavior patterns;
8. to send you push notifications regarding behaviors that we deduce, using statistical correlations, to be either beneficial or detrimental to your achieving your registered goals.
Corporate Mergers or Acquisitions
Apple HealthKit™ and Google Fit™
FitMyLife will not use or disclose to third parties user data gathered from the Apple, Inc. HealthKit™ framework, the HealthKit API, Google Fit™, or the Google API. No information collected from HealthKit™ or Google Fit™ will be shared with other parties without explicit consent from you as a user.
We may also use the information that you provide to us to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices, and marketing promotions. Important information can range from changes in our terms of service to changes that may affect your data. Users can opt-out of marketing promotions.
Security of Personal Information
FitMyLife takes commercially reasonable precautions in an effort to protect your Personal Information against security breaches. For instance, we store Personal Information in a secure, limited access facility. We use standard firewalls and security software to protect the privacy and integrity of your Personal Information.
Note, however, this is not a guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. When you use FitMyLife Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
If you are under 18, you are not permitted to use any of FitMyLife Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his/her child has provided us with information without their consent, he/she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time. If you have concerns about the privacy of children’s Personal Information that might be inadvertently collected through FitMyLIfe Services you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you visit the Websites, a cookie may be saved on your computer, and if you return to the Websites the cookie may be read. A “cookie,” is a small text file placed on the user’s hard drive to track usage of the Websites and collect basic information, which may include certain of your preferences. We may also use navigational data such as Uniform Resource Locators to gather information regarding the date and time of your visit and the solutions and information for which you searched and which you viewed.
If you would like to avoid cookies, your web browser may have an option that enables you to disable or not accept cookies. It should be noted, however, that should you disable or not accept cookies, portions of FitMyLife websites may not properly function.
Corporate Analytic Data.
In addition, FitMyLife its affiliates or partners may use analytics technology to track anonymous traffic data about use of the Apps. FitMyLife affiliates and partners have the right to retain and use the anonymous traffic data collected by and through the analytics service from users of the FitMyLife Services.
Links to Other Websites
Our Websites may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, and we encourage you to review the policies of each site you use. We cannot control the actions of such third parties or be held responsible for their use of any information that you provide directly to them.
Users from Outside the United States